Monday, July 28, 2008

Teeny Tiny Quilt

I haven't had much time to quilt lately, but I made this doll quilt for an exchange with a friend. I called it "Rain or Shine" because that is just the type of friend she is, there through it all.


It's made in her favorite colors. It's my first try at more traditional quilt binding, and only my second quilt (my first one was all hand stitched and hand quilted) this one is machine assembled, hand quilted, and the embroidery patches and yo-yo are hand appliquéd. I had never made a yo-yo but decided to give the heart-shaped one a try and it worked!

I am now a little bit hooked on these small quilts! I've already got a few others planned.

17 comments:

Jocelyn said...

What a bright cheery little quilt. You did a great job.

Coloradolady said...

Oh, this is so very cute! lovely.

Terrie Sandelin said...

That is just so sweet and wonderful! Love the colors and fabrics and the embroidery. A wonderful gift for a friend!

Vicki said...

That's a sweet little quilt. I like the bright colors.

Zonnah said...

I love the colors and the stiching is great!

Granny Lyn said...

What a beautiful sentiment for a friend who is there through it all. Love it!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Great colors and unique

Quilt Rat said...

Great little quilt. So cheerful!

Quilty Conscience said...

How cute! and what a sweet sentiment. Everyone should have a friend like that!

Donnell Allan said...

I love it! I'm so glad I found you. (Thank you, Park City Girl.)

Rosalyn Manesse said...

great embroidery

Unknown said...

It's beautiful! I love the name and that it's for a great friend too - so special! Thanks for sharing :)

stitchinpenny said...

The love shines through - rain or shine, Love the emphasis you placed on the heart.

Unknown said...

Love the embroidered thongs

Pink Sky said...

Thank you for all the nice comments and for stopping by to visit!

I added those thongs/flip flops to the design because my friend likes those. I think her favorite colors played well together, and the little quilt was so much fun to make! :)

The Creative Place said...

Love this quilt! It's absolutely adorable!

rebecs said...

this is a fun little quilt. your friend is lucky to get this as a gift.